This year seems to be whizzing by at lightning speed as we find ourselves in the Summer Term already.
Memorable moments from last term
• The children really enjoyed getting to know ‘Sniff-Snuff-Snap’ featuring a cheeky warthog during Active Story Making and hopefully you’ve been treated to a rendition or two at home.
• Children have made full use of the upgraded outdoor play area, which was made possible by all of the fundraising activities you have kindly all supported. Heather has grown a wonderful set of pots filled with flowers, vegetables and grasses. The children enjoy smelling the sweet peas as they pass, brushing their hands through the ornamental grassesand we will soon be harvesting potatoes, peas and strawberries to taste. We are also in the process of purchasing some permanent climbing equipment with protective rubber matting.
• Forest Club have had a lot of fun gaining further confidence in the forest and beyond this term. They had a fantastic hikeup to Burledge Hill Fort enjoying the views and striding out along the trails. They really encouraged each other along the way singing songs like ‘I love the mountains’ and delighted in log-rolling down the hills and jumping in muddy puddles.
• We were visited by Concept photography last term, and the children were superstars having photos taken both in small groups and individual portraits to be treasured at home.
• We also held a very successful parents social at Pre-School on June 11th which was a lovely way for some parents to get to know each other and the staff while taking the opportunity to have a tour of the Pre-school hall.
Information for this term
• We will be doing Sports Week from Monday 5th July for all children to take part in a range of races and fun events, including welly wanging and obstacle courses. It’s entirely optional but most children are keen to join in!
• Last day of term will be Tuesday 20th July. Our Leavers Party is the day after, on Wednesday 21st and is just for the children who are going to school in September 2021. More details will follow.
• Term dates for 2021-2022 will be circulated in the coming weeks, along with new paperwork for all those children who are with us for another year.
We are extremely grateful for your continued support of our fundraising efforts to raise essential funds for Pre-School. By working together collectively, the children met their 100-mile target for the sponsored toddle and raised £450. They really enjoyed adding stickers to the tally chart to celebrate each mile they walked. Thank you for all the fantastic recipes and lovely photos you shared for the recipe book and we hope you enjoyed the finished product. Sales of the recipe books have raised £200.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM is going to be held on Wednesday 7th July 2021 at 8pm in the Bishop Sutton Pre School Car Park (or an online meeting if the weather is not conducive to being outside). We would love to see you there and would be grateful if you could RSVP to the email invite. The AGM provides a great chance tomeet other Pre-School parents, carers, teachers and committee members and to hear more about what has been happening with Pre-School over the past year.
The AGM is also when new members are recruited to the committee. As a registered charity, the Pre-School is required to have a committee to function, and our committee is comprised of parents volunteering their time for the wellbeing of the Pre-School. In order to keep the Pre-School financially sound, a primary purpose of the committee is to fundraise throughout the year with the aim to make a profit that can be reinvested into the Pre-School. There will be a range of rewarding opportunities on the committee this year including co-chair, secretary, organising fees, publicity and fundraising. We would be delighted to hear from you if you are interested in joining the committee – please contact Jen Patterson (current Chair), any of the other committee members or speak to Kate and Lin.
Our very own Pre-School Lottery is now underway and every ticket raises funds for Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest Club. Tickets cost £1 per week and once you sign up you will be entered into a prize draw each week:
In terms of fundraising events this term, we are hoping to be able to hold an event at Chew Moos in August (pending lockdown restrictions being lifted) with lots of fun activities for all of the family and we will share the exciting details as soon as this confirmed. Looking further ahead we hope to be involved once again in organising refreshments at the Chew Valley 10k to be held on 12th September 2021.
We would also like to remind you all of two other easy ways of raising essential funds for the Pre-School when doing any online shopping: a) Easy Fundraising: Visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk and click ‘Create an Account’, then ‘Find a cause to support’ and search ‘Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest Club’. Hit ‘Support this cause’, register your details and remember to turn on Donation Reminders. Every time you shop online at collaborating retailers, a notification will appear, and all you need to do is select ‘Collect Donation’. You can also download the Easy Fundraising app and shop directly through that. b) Amazon Smile – visit http://smile.amazon.co.uk, click ‘Get Started’, sign in to your account and then choose ‘Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest Club’ as your favourite charity. Every time you shop, 0.5% of your spend will be donated to the Pre-school. Just remember to always go through theAmazon Smile page before you start shopping.
Thank you so much to all of you who have been using these already, it really does all does add up!
Thank you for your ongoing support for Pre-school which enables staff to continue to create a stimulating, happy environment to enable the children to explore and grow. We wonder what memories this final term of the Pre-School year will bring, before some of the children go onto the next exciting stage of their education at Primary School.
Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest Club Committee
Term 6: Monday 7th June – Tues 20th July 2021
Staff Inset Days – 1st July, 22nd July
Party for the ‘Leavers’ – Wed 21st July 2021